Griddled Chicken in a Creamy Stilton Sauce
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time 17 mins
- 175g (6oz) quick cook penne
- 150g (5oz) petit pois
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g (4oz) bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 4 ready cooked skinless and boneless griddled chicken breasts 200ml
- (1/2pt) white wine
- 1x 150g pack Countrylife Stilton, crumbled 100ml
- (1/4pt) double cream salt and freshly ground black pepper
- bunch wild rocket, washed
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the penne. Cook for 5-7 mins. or according to packet instructions. Add the petit pois 3 mins before the end of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan add the bacon and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the leeks and chicken and cook for a further 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally. Turn the chicken and pour in the wine. Allow to simmer for 5-7 mins or until reduced by half.
- Stir in the stilton and cream. Drain the penne and petit pois and stir into the chicken mixture. Season. Stir in the rocket, cover the pan and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Serve staight away.